Altitude Madarao from ¥5,600/night
Accommodation from ¥5,600/person per night!
Just a 1-minute walk from the slopes of the beautiful Madarao Mountain Resort, Altitude Madarao enjoys 270° views of the mountain, and is the perfect base from which to enjoy all that the resort has to offer.
Madarao Mountain Resort is one of Japan’s hidden gems. With 12 metres of light, dry powder snow a season, its uncrowded slopes – 60% of which are not groomed – are a powder lover’s dream. And unlike many of Japan’s better known resorts (think Niseko and Hakuba), Madarao’s lack of crowds means that the resort’s many off-piste runs remain untracked well into the day.
Madarao also offers plenty for skiers at the beginner and intermediate end of the spectrum, with 16 lifts servicing a total of 31 different runs. These include an extensive “Beginner B Course” – perfect for first-timers, and even a kids’ park. As of 2016/17, Madarao has also started offering ski and snowboard lessons to English speakers.
*Offer valid for stay between Dec 15, 2018 to Mar 30, 2019.
Altitude Madarao is the perfect accommodation for privacy and comfort at affordable rates for your family or friends to stay at while visiting the amazing Japanese town and ski resort of Madarao Mountain Resort.
The hotel was renovated in 2017 ready for the 2017/18 ski season and comes fully equipped with brand new furniture, appliances and everything you could need for a comfortable ski holiday in the snow. Each of the 10 Guest rooms feature private bathrooms, sitting areas, storage, private fridge, tv with unlimited Netflix, western beds and bedding and unlimited high-speed WiFi. Daily breakfast included!
Rates (6 nights):
|Room Type||Sleeps||Off Peak||Peak|
|Family Triple room||4||6,400 JPY||8,000 JPY|
|Triple Room||3||6,400 JPY||8,000 JPY|
|Queen or Twin||2||6,400 JPY||8,000 JPY|
|Queen with loft||2||6,400 JPY||8,000 JPY|
|Self Contained |
|4||6,800 JPY||8,500 JPY|
|Family Suite||4||6,400 JPY||8,000 JPY|
|Family Room||4||5,600 JPY||7,000 JPY|
|Entire Lodge||28||156,960 JPY||196,200 JPY|
- Rates based on cost per night per person for a 6-night stay (with the exception of the entire lodge rate)
- Peak season rates apply from Dec 25, 2018 to Feb 29, 2019
- Pick-up and Drop-off from Madarao bus terminal upon arrival and departure
- Full daily breakfast including continental buffet and unique hot food item of the day
- Alternate day night shuttle
- 8% consumption tax
- Great skiing for all levels
- 12 metres of powder/season and access to sidecountry and backcountry areas
- Packed with culture, with fewer foreigners and less Western influence than other large Japanese resorts.
- 3 hours by bullet train from Narita International Airport (near Tokyo)
Read Ski Asia’s comprehensive Madarao ski resort guide.