Wadano Gateway, Hakuba from ¥7,600/night
Stay at Wadano Gateway in Hakuba from just ¥7,600/night! The lodge is undergoing a full renovation for the 2018/19 season, and is centrally located in Wadano Village – just 100 metres from the famous Nagano Olympics sign. The property is a short walk from Happo Village and the Happo bus terminal, with frequent shuttles to gondolas and base stations for the Happo and Iwatake ski areas. Staying at Wadano Gateway offers you the freedom to mountain-hop, the ability to dine in or out as you please, and all of the amenities to help you fully unwind after a day on the mountain.
Hakuba itself needs very little introduction. It is Japan’s largest resort, a former Olympic venue and the location Asia’s first ever Freeride World Tour event. It is known for its phenomenal powder snow and challenging terrain (it has some of the steepest runs in the country), although its sheer size means there is truly something for everyone. Hakuba Valley lift ticket holders have access to the area’s 11 world-class ski resorts which, between them, offer more than 950 ha of terrain, 146 lifts and 200+ slopes.
Hakuba is also one of Japan’s most internationally recognisable ski resorts, thanks to its extensive resort services and infrastructure, world-class dining scene and relatively easy access from Tokyo.
*Offer valid for stays between Dec 15, 2018 to Mar 30, 2019. Booking confirmation required by September 31, 2017.
Wadano Gateway is unique among self-contained properties, thanks to a full, English-speaking staff. Their staff allow you as much freedom as you want, and are always ready to make any accommodations necessary for your vacation. An on-call driver is also available from 7 am to 10 pm, to chauffeur you and your family around.
All of Wadano Gateway’s suites are newly renovated, in a modern style with Japanese flair. The rooms are fully-equipped for in-room entertainment, with Netflix and Apple TV in every room, as well as high speed Wi-Fi across the entire property.
Dining options at Wadano Gateway include their complimentary all-you-can-eat daily breakfast, as well as a lounge, bar, and cafe adjoined to the suites. There are also laundry facilities located on-site.
Rates (inc. discount)
24 Dec –20 Feb
21 Feb–23 Dec
|Family Triple or Triple Share||¥12,500||¥10,000|
|Family Quad or Quad Share||¥10,500||¥8,400|
|Family Five or Five share||¥ 9,500||¥7,600|
|Two Bedroom Apartments|
- Rates based on cost per night per person
- We allow under occupancy and a 15% discount will be applied to the total booking when a Double room is booked for 1 person
- There is no minimum stay however for stays of 2 nights or less incur a 1,000 yen surcharge per person per night
- All Rates are per night except for when the entire lodge is booked
- All you can eat full breakfast
- Unlimited high-speed WiFi and Netflix
- Pick-up and drop-off from Hakuba train station or Happo bus terminal
- 8% consumption tax
- Japan’s largest ski resort
- Former Olympic venue and recent host of Asia’s first ever Freeride World Tour event
- 11 resorts, 950 ha of terrain, 146 lifts and 200+ slopes
- Easy access from Tokyo
- World-class dining, nightlife and facilities
- Excellent backcountry and sidecountry skiing
Read Ski Asia’s comprehensive Hakuba resort guide.
Terms and Conditions
- 30% deposit to confirm your booking, Payment can be made through PayPal or bank transfer, for international bank transfers a 2,000 yen surcharge is added to each payment.
- Balance is due before or on arrival.
- 3.5% Surcharge is added for final payments made by credit card or 3.2% for PayPal, final PayPal payments can be restricted when you are outside of your home country.
- Within 30 days of stay deposit is forfeited
- More than 30 days from stay a credit is given for the next visit